On A Do-Nothing Day...

If you're anything like me, you hate feeling like you've been completely unproductive on a day off from work and stress. Others might just like kicking back and enjoying the time off that they have. What I do on my day offs fit hand in hand with both types of personas.


I kick back by watching a film. Today's choice? Breakfast At Tiffany's. I love all film genres but on days off I prefer to watch chick flicks that you don't have to think about too much and you can just relax and enjoy. 

My market research consists of reading the Spring/Summer 2014 catwalk edition of Vogue. Working in fashion means you have to keep up with everything that goes on in the industry and reading Vogue kick starts my motivation to dive into the latest trends of the season. My guilty pleasure is studying the different styles and set ups of advertising new fashion lines. My favourite is the Dolce & Gabbana campaign. It's amazing and so refreshing. I love it! 



Finally, I like to pamper myself. Being at work or school or wherever you are all day, there is hardly any time to properly pamper yourself or perform treatments on your skin and hair that take up more time. On days off I'll paint my nails in my favourite colour. Today's hot pick is YSL's nail polish in the colour. Bronze Aztec 28. It's a beautiful metallic colour and I'm into darker nail shades at the moment. I always find that when I'm running around all day at work I never have time to apply even a lip balm so I use my personal life saver which is The Body Shop's lip butter. My lips get so dry and if I don't commit to applying lip balm during the day I need something on days off that will nourish and restore my lips extensively throughout the day. This product does the job and is my best friend in the lip product world! 


This is a laid back day off for me and I love how I can feel so productive with looking after myself and committing to my work by doing these simple things. If you don't work in the fashion industry then you can adapt my market research aspect to something that suits you.

Just remember that it doesn't mean you have to rush around to have a productive day off! Looking after yourself is more than productive.


1 comments:

ArrayO'Style inc said...

Same, I hate sitting around a realising I've done nothing all day- but in theory you have :) Even just going through your emails is productive in my books! www.arrayostyle.blogspot.com

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author