The Disney Tag!


Today's post is a bit of fun really. I love doing these tag posts and since me and the girls still enjoy a whole lot of disney every now and then, I've decided to do the disney tag. Every child has been involved with disney one way or another and for that reason it stays with us for a long time. I don't think I'll ever get sick of it. So here are my answers!

A scene in any disney movie you wish you could experience.

Tangled - The boat scene with all the lanterns around them. Gets me every time.


An unforgettable moment you've had at the parks.

I saw The Little Mermaid when I was four but I was so scared she had to have a picture on her own whilst I ran for my life. I think I was expecting the actual real life cartoon Ariel to be there and was extremely disappointed when I instead saw a lady dressed up as her. I was a very unimpressed four year old! 

What non-disney songs remind you or brings back memories of disney.

The YMCA. Both times I've holidayed to Florida, they've played this song whilst I was walking through Downtown Disney so it always brings back those memories for me. 

When was your first time at a park?

1999 when I was four years old. I was in awe of everything when I went and the parade was amazing to watch. Especially when you're tiny and have to lean right back just to see Aladdin on top of one of the disney floats!

If you could choose a disney character to be your best friend who would it be?

Mushu! Without a doubt. He always cracks me up whenever I watch Mulan and he's a disaster waiting to happen just like me! 




Who are your favourite disney princesses?

1. Sleeping Beauty. I know a lot of people says she does nothing but you know what I'd like to see you try and deal with a humungous curse over your head and living with three fairies who can't even bake a cake without a wand! Hard work!



2. Ariel. You've got to give the girl bravery points! She sacrifices her voice and being with her family so she can take the risk that Eric might fall in love with her. So romantic! I love the way she stuck by her decision to love Eric even when everyone was set against the idea of the two of them ever being together.




3. Rapunzel! I love her so much she's probably my all time favourite. She clumsy, she attacks men with a frying pan and she has Pascal as a best friend. She's also feisty and because I am too I've decided that she's basically me. 


Name a scene/moment that always makes you cry.

I don't think I've cried at a Disney film but there is one scene that does get to me. It's when Ray dies in the Princess and the Frog and appears in the sky next to Evangeline. It's so beautiful.



What was the first disney film you ever saw?

Beauty and the Beast! Mainly because it's my mum's favourite so that was the first disney video she made me watch haha.


What disney film holds a special meaning to you?

When I was younger, I think about 10/11 years old, I trapped my finger in the car door and had to go to hospital. I think I may have mentioned this before in a previous post but I had to stay in hospital for observation and I watched Peter Pan repeatedly which allowed me to take my mind off the pain and calm down a lot. 

I bought the dvd after we got rid of all our videos because it's really special to me. I also watched it repeatedly when my Grandad died because it helped me a lot. I really don't know what I'd have done without this film in my life. It's the one I associate most with comfort and I subconsciously reach for it whenever I need the comfort that it offers.


What's your favourite disney film?

Tangled! I can quote pretty much the whole film and there is no shame. It's so funny and even my mum can't stop watching it. Whenever she catches me watching it she sneakily sits down to watch it with me as if she's not going against her whole 'grow up and stop watching disney' ideals. Tut tut.


What's your favourite disney song?

Zero to Hero - Hercules! I love Hercules and I especially love the five sassy muses who like to have a bit of a sing and dance during many parts in the film. Also it's the song I always put on whenever my friends are near by and we may or may not sing along and pretend to be that sassy...


So that's the end of my disney tag! There are so many other things I want to say about disney but I may explode and go a little disney crazy on you so I'll leave it there for the time being.

Let me know if you agree or disagree with my answers, I'm always ready to hear what you have to say.

Emma x





0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author